If you want to get married in paradise, arrange a wedding in Hawaii. The unparalleled beauty and aloha spirit of the Hawaiian Islands are a natural setting for romance. Whether you want to say your barefoot vows in the waves of Maui or hold a royal event at the Pink Palace in Waikiki Beach, Hawaii offers unlimited choices for a dream wedding by the sea. Read on to learn how to arrange a wedding Beach in Hawaii.
1 Contact the Hawaiian Chamber of Commerce for information and contacts to help you plan your beach wedding.
2 Choose your island. The islands of Hawaii and their beaches are as diverse as are breathtaking. Each island has dozens of beautiful places where you can be married next to the water. Costs may vary depending on the island, location and time of year.
3 Book your room. There are beautiful beachfront hotels, restaurants, bed-and-breakfasts and parks on every island. Do your homework to find the perfect location at the best price. If the ceremony and reception are in two different places, make sure you can book both for the day and time you want.
4 Choose your wedding date. Winter brings cooler temperatures and high waves on the beaches of Hawaii, while the hot summer days waters are quieter.
5 Plan your guest list. For many couples, a Hawaiian beach wedding is also a destination wedding. Consider who you are joining and give them a lot of notice.
6 Define your budget. Even in Hawaii a beach wedding can be casual and less expensive than other settings. A small sunset ceremony at an intimate bed-and-breakfast on the Big Island can be beautiful and budget-friendly, while a beachfront wedding at the grandest hotel on Kaanapali Maui beach during peak season Tends to be more expensive.
7 Think about booking a hawaii wedding packages. Many hotels and wedding coordinators can recommend a celebrant and all the sellers you might need, such as florists, photographers and caterers. Some Hawaiian Wedding Coordinators also help with travel and accommodation arrangements.
8 Buy wedding outfit. Women can find informal wedding dresses and bridesmaids suitable for a beach wedding online or in local wedding boutiques. Men can wear casual suits, persimmons or even shorts.
9 Use the elements of Hawaiian cuisine, local flowers, island music and other touches to make your Hawaiian beach wedding even more memorable. Wear the traditional Hawaiian leis leis leaf for the ceremony, may serve Tais and Luau foods at the reception and a wedding cake of pineapple or coconut.
10 Give guests hotel options and contact information, directions, websites and other useful information. Allow enough time for your guests to make travel arrangements.
11 Contact the Ministry of Health for the island on which you will be married to get your marriage license. Both must be at least 18 years of age. Both of you must show photo ID and pay a cash fee to get your license, which is good for 30 days. No health testing is required.
Tips and Warnings
- Since Hawaii is regularly ranked among the best honeymoon places in the world, stay in the islands after your beautiful beachfront ceremony for a magical honeymoon.
- Many Hawaiian hotels and resorts offer all-inclusive wedding packages, which can help with your budget, as well as sellers to find and management details.
- Carefully examine all details and contracts with your venue, suppliers and wedding coordinator to avoid surprise charges or other problems once you arrive.
- Like many other activities, weddings can be more expensive in Maui than any other Hawaiian islands.
If you are under 20, you may need to provide additional documents when applying for your marriage license
- As with any beach wedding, always have a backup plan in case you are surprised by wind, rain or other unforeseen circumstances on your wedding day.
- Be sure to have all the permits required if your Hawaiian beach wedding is held at a state park.